The architect looks after the technical architecture of the solutions offered to all our customers making sure in particular that the chosen IT resources are consistent with the customer’s target Information System. He/she designs the architecture in response to the business, technical, performance and security requirements.
- Analysing the current situation: understanding business and IT requirements in order to design an architecture which fulfils all the expectations of each project,
- offering technical solutions and architectures, being able to present and uphold possible alternatives for customers,
- Supporting projects: contributing to technical specifications, the strategy and the integration plan,
- Supporting business, technical and software deployment,
- Coordinating architecture activities internally in cooperation with customers and supervising development,
- Participating in the entity’s innovation processes, providing constant technological monitoring,
- Participating in the coordination of our partnerships with editors,
- Supporting sales and marketing teams: participating in pre-sales, demonstrations, responding to calls for tenders, etc.
- Degree level qualification in IT,
- Several years of experience of similar positions / responsibilities,
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of the technical environment: network, OS, DB, application servers, development environment, CI/CD, etc.
- Ability to manage and support teams,
- Ability to analyse and manage risks (providing supervision and advice for customers).
- Listening and communication skills: sharing knowledge, adapting communication to a range of different contacts, managing and supporting technical teams,
- being able to work in a team.
The architect may move up to a position of technical manager / technical director.