The lead developer guides his/her developer colleagues and supports a team of developers to ensure that the project is a success. The lead developer makes sure that developments are effective thanks to his/her sound technical skills and managerial abilities when dealing with the team.
- Monitoring project performance: Participating in technical choices with the architect,
- Informing the teams of the methods and standards to be used and making sure that the project team developers have a good understanding of the architecture,
- Assisting developers in their design choices and making sure that developments are effective,
- Looking after the technical team of developers and supporting their acquisition of new skills and knowledge, offering advice and recommendations and helping them to solve problems,
- Participating in the development of sensitive or difficult aspects of the project,
- Offering technical advice, establishing good practice and checking the campaigns implemented by the team,
- Guaranteeing continuous technological monitoring.
- Degree level qualification in the IT field,
- Technical skills and versatility when using different front-end and back-end technologies.
- Being willing to make proposals and knowing how to create a team spirit: Ability to manage and support his/her teams,
- Good understanding of project management.
- Listening and communication skills,
- Analytical skills,
- Sociable attitude and team spirit when supporting and managing project teams,
- Being curious and enthusiastic about technology and technological monitoring,
- Being willing to make proposals relating to technical and organisational approaches.
The lead developer may move up to a position of technical project manager, architect or technical manager.